The Firefighters Memorial Trust is a charity, Incorporated by Royal Charter and governed by a small Board of Trustees, which exists to recognise the commitment and dedication of all United Kingdom Firefighters, (and those serving in designated British Overseas Territories), particularly those who have been killed or who have died as the result of injuries or illness, as a result of their duties.
Our aim is to ensure that those Firefighters who have lost their lives, while serving humanity and, who meet the Criteria, as defined by the Trust, are Remembered and Honoured.
We will achieve the Aims of the Trust by:
• Recording their names on ‘The Firefighters Memorial’, located close to St Paul’s Cathedral in London and in the Trust’s Book of Remembrance.
• Remembering and Honouring them at the annual ‘Service of Remembrance’ and wreath laying at the Firefighters Memorial.
• Remembering and Honouring by the creation and the presentation of the ‘Memorial Medal’, (subject to criteria), to the next of kin of those who have died in the course of their duties.
• Remembering and Honouring all members of the Fire and Rescue Service, past and present, at the annual ‘Service of Thanksgiving’, at the ‘Fire and Rescue Service Monument’ located within the National Memorial Arboretum, located in Alrewas, Staffordshire.Our Patron Next
• Being the recognised organisation to provide the retired Fire and Rescue Service contingent’ at the Annual Service of Remembrance at The Centotaph, on Remembrance Sunday, each November.
• Maintaining The Fire Service Chapel located within the Fire Service College.
• Maintaining, the ‘Firefighters Memorial Heritage Collection’, located within the Fire Service College.
The Trust is very proud of this significant achievement and the recognition it has given to our work and to the many members of the Fire and Rescue Service who, over many years, have died in the course of their duties, when serving the community.
Our aim to do everything we can, to continue to ensure that those who have lost their lives and, who meet the Criteria, as defined by the Trust, are always Remembered and Honoured.
About This Book